Badia) Advocats provides comprehensive advice in the pre-bankruptcy and bankruptcy filing.
The firm’s lawyers and economists specialize in insolvency law and offer comprehensive advice from a legal, economic and financial point of view, when representing the bankrupt company itself or, in other cases, the creditors of a bankrupted company.
The Spanish Insolvency Law defines insolvency as that situation in which the debtor cannot regularly meet its enforceable obligations. Unfortunately, the reality is much more complex when we are faced with a business crisis that not only affects the company in particular, but all its galaxy of people and related companies. That is why it is essential to have the advice of experts in bankruptcy able to provide personalized solutions adapted to each specific case.
Our specialized bankrupcy, restructuring and insolvency department provides, among others, the legal services listed below:
• Legal advice in the pre-bankruptcy and bankruptcy phase.
• Creditors pre-bankruptcy: negotiation with creditors in the framework of debt refinancing or restructuring procedures (refinancing agreements, out-of-court payment agreements and advanced agreement proposals).
• Filing for bankruptcy, either voluntary or necessary.
• Preparation of proposals for creditors' agreements.
• Advice in the phase of agreement, liquidation and insolvency qualification.
• Responsibility of the directors or board members.
• Advice on the acquisition and sale of production units.
• Structuring of investments in bankruptcy assets and liabilities.
• Defense of the rights of creditors: representation in insolvency proceedings, communication of claims, challenge and recognition of insolvency claims.
Badia) Advocats assumes in behalf of its clients the legal direction of the bankruptcy procedure and accompanies the clients until its completion, looking whenever possible for an alternative to liquidation, in order to guarantee the continuity of business activity and the maintenance of jobs.